Betting Syndicates Explainedby Steven Hubbard
In short, syndicates are a type of pool betting involving two or more players combing their stakes for a chance to win (share with other winning players in the syndicate) huge prizes.
You may also see this type of pool betting called “Colossus” or even “Jackpot” bets. But, they are all under the umbrella of a betting syndicate.
Syndicates used to be exclusively available to horse racing bets. But, you can now find them in football, tennis and even basketball at a number of betting sites in the UK.
How Do Syndicates Work?
Syndicates are when players combine a certain stake into a pool and then make a selection on multiple outcomes. The prize is then divided among those that made the correct selections.
Example: Mr Green: 1×2- Pick 5 for £5000
Burnley vs Aberdeen
Sarpsborg vs St Gallen
Rangers vs Nk Osijek
Dynamo Kiev vs Shakhtar
Reading Vs Derby
With this syndicate on Mr Green, you have to pick either 1×2 for all the matches in the list. If you get them correct you could win a share of the £5000 or, if you are the only winner, the whole £5000. If you get 4 out of 5 correct you could win a share of £1000.
Now the stake is only £2 so the odds you get are far bet than any acca you could build without the syndicate.
With the highest odds combined using a £2 stake on a normal Acca, you could only win a maximum of £1805.42. But, this is with the highest odds, so all the outside bets combined in an acca is still nowhere close to the potential of winning £5000.
What Are Colossus Syndicates?
Colossus is just the name used for this modern form of pool betting. They cover several different sports but mostly horse racing and football syndicates.
- Guaranteed jackpot prizes- You can get the full jackpot amount regardless of the total amount of contributions from other players.
- Consolation prizes- Depending on the syndicate you can get consolation prizes if you get 4 or more correct. Check the syndicate information to find out the consolation prizes for each one.
- Cash Out option- Players can sell all or part of their bet back to the syndicate to guarantee profit regardless of the outcome. Of course, your selections need to be winning or you have already won several legs.
Mr Green is one of our favourite new bookies that launched in the UK in 2016. Right now you’ll get a £10 free bet when registering as a new player through us.
New customers only. Place your first £10 bet with minimum odds of 3/1 to qualify for free bet. Free bet credited when all qualifying bets are settled. £10 free acca bet on 3 or more selections. T&C Apply, 18+.
You can find these different pool types on several different betting sites including Mr Green, FansBet and Betclic.
- 1×2- Predicting the outcome of a series of matches.
- Correct score – Pick the exact score for a series of matches.
- Asian Handicap – Pick the correct final score match Asian handicap in a series of matches.
- Over/Under – Pick the total number of goals being over or under a specified number (usually 2.5 total match goals) in a series of matches.
- Both teams to score – Pick “Yes” or “No” for both teams to score in a series of matches.
- Win- Pick the outright winner of each race listed in the syndicate.
- Place- Pick a horse/horses to place in each of the races listed in the syndicate. Check out our horse racing beginners guide for more details.
Fansbet is a new betting site that launched in 2017, and recently added a “Jackpots” section for syndicate betting.
You will find a healthy community of fellow syndicate punters on FansBet, and massive jackpots reaching up to £1 Million!
Try out FansBet and get a £10 free bet when you deposit £10 or more!
FansBet welcome offer
Bet £10, Get £10!Claim bonus
New UK Customers 18+. Deposit £10 or more and wager 1x on Sports at 1/2 (1.5) odds or higher. Bonus wager is free. Deposits with Skrill, PayPal & Neteller do not qualify.
Free Jackpot Games
You can also find free jackpot games on select betting sites like Betway and Paddy Power.
Betway’s 4 to Score
A free football prediction jackpot game in which you predict the first goalscorers in four select matches.
Betway has two free jackpot games with their “4 To Score” football prediction game and their “4 to Win” horse racing prediction game.
Betway welcome offer
Get £30 in free bet'sClaim bonus
New UK, Ireland customers only. Deposit a minimum of £10 with cards, paypal or bank wire to claim offer. First deposit matched up to £30 as a free bet. Wager first deposit once on odds 1.75 or greater to receive free bet. Only free bet winnings returned. 18+, T&C Apply.
Paddy Power’s Beat The Drop
A fun feature for new and existing Paddy Power customers, in a million-pound drop style for a chance to win £1000. Answer ten questions correctly for a maximum win of £1000. You will have an unlimited play of a ‘10 Q – £1,000 Pot’ game within your first month (30 days) after your first entry.
Join Paddy Power today to play Beat The Drop for free for 30 days!
888Sport Free-to-play Football Predictor
Try 888Sport’s free-to-play football predictor for the chance to win £8000! Make 8 win-draw-win predictions with the 8 games picked each week by 888Sport.
Get all 8 right for the chance to win £8k, or get a £1 free bet for each correct pick!
How to play:
- Join or sign in to your 888Sport account (UK members who are fully verified only)
- Make your 8 win-draw-win predictions with the “Up for 8” game
Join 888Sport and play it’s Free-to-play Football Predictor today!
888sport welcome offer
Bet £10, Get £40 in Free Bets!Claim bonus
New customers only – £10 deposit using promo code "RACING" - First bet must be placed on any market - Minimum stake £10 at odds of 1/2 (1.5) - Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days - Free bet stakes not included in returns - Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time. General deposit method & withdrawal restrictions apply & Full T&C’s apply