Colossus Syndicates Explainedby Steven Hubbard
In short, syndicates are a type of pool betting involving two or more players combing their stakes for a chance to win (share with other winning players in the syndicate) huge prizes.
You may also see this type of pool betting called “Colossus” or even “Jackpot” bets. But, they are all under the umbrella of a betting syndicate.
Syndicates used to be exclusively available to horse racing bets. But, you can now find them in football, tennis and even basketball at some betting sites like Mr Green.
Mr Green is one of our favourite new bookies that launched in the UK in 2016. Right now you’ll get a £10 free bet when registering as a new player through us.
New customers only. Place your first £10 bet with minimum odds of 3/1 to qualify for free bet. Free bet credited when all qualifying bets are settled. £10 free acca bet on 3 or more selections. T&C Apply, 18+.
How Do the Syndicates Work?
Syndicates are when players combine a certain stake into a pool and then make a selection on multiple outcomes. The prize is then divided among those that made the correct selections.
Example: Mr Green: 1×2- Pick 5 for £5000
Burnley Vs Aberdeen
Sarpsborg vs St Gallen
Rangers vs Nk Osijek
Dynamo Kiev vs Shakhtar
Reading Vs Derby
With this syndicate on Mr Green, you have to pick either 1×2 for all the matches in the list. If you get them correct you could win a share of the £5000 or, if you are the only winner, the whole £5000. If you get 4 out of 5 correct you could win a share of £1000.
Now the stake is only £2 so the odds you get are far bet than any acca you could build without the syndicate.
With the highest odds combined using a £2 stake on a normal Acca, you could only win a maximum of £1805.42. But, this is with the highest odds, so all the outside bets combined in an acca is still nowhere close to the potential of winning £5000.
What Are Colossus Syndicates?
Colossus is just the name used for this modern form of pool betting. They cover several different sports but mostly horse racing and football syndicates.
- Guaranteed jackpot prizes- You can get the full jackpot amount regardless of the total amount of contributions from other players.
- Consolation prizes- Depending on the syndicate you can get consolation prizes if you get 4 or more correct. Check the syndicate information to find out the consolation prizes for each one.
- Cash Out option- Players can sell all or part of their bet back to the syndicate to guarantee profit regardless of the outcome. Of course, your selections need to be winning or you have already won a number of legs.
You can find these different pool types on several different betting sites including Mr Green and Betclic.
- 1×2- Predicting the outcome of a series of matches.
- Correct score- Pick the exact score for a series of matches.
- Asian Handicap- Pick the correct final score match handicap in a series of matches. Check out our Asian Handicap guide for more information.
- Over/Under- Pick the total number of goals being over or under a specified number (usually 2.5 total match goals) in a series of matches.
- Both teams to score- Pick “Yes” or “No” for both teams to score in a series of matches.
- Win- Pick the outright winner of each race listed in the syndicate.
- Place- Pick a horse/horses to place in each of the races listed in the syndicate. Check out our horse racing beginners guide for more details.