Opening a New Betting Accountby Steven Hubbard
Opening a betting account has never been so easy. The best betting sites have made the process quick and painless to benefit everyone. But what should you consider before opening a betting account?
How do I Choose a Betting Site?
- Welcome Offer- Start off by looking at their sign up betting offer. What kind of offer is it? How much is it worth?
- Banking Options (Depositing and Withdrawing)- What payment methods can you use to deposit? Cards, Paypal, etc. How long will it take to withdraw and is there an identity verification process (more on this later)
- Odds and Markets- Does the betting site have good odds and is there the sports you want to bet on? How is their market range or is there just popular betting types?
- Promotions and Rewards- Do the betting site have ongoing promotions for existing customers or just the welcome offer? Is there a rewards scheme or not?
- Customer Service- Is there a 24/7 customer service or is it severely limited? What different contact methods do they have available?
- Live Betting and Streaming- Almost all bookies have a live betting section but check just to be sure. Is there a live streaming service available?
- Mobile Betting- Is there a mobile app available to use? With smartphones dominating our everyday lives, almost all UK betting sites now have a mobile app.
How to Open an Account
- Pick a betting site – We recommend bet365
- Enter your details and a depositing method too
- Deposit an amount of your choice but remember to meet the sites welcome offer T&Cs to take full advantage as a new customer
- Now you are ready to start betting. Good Luck!
Identity Verification Process
As part of the UK gambling regulations, bookies are required to verify your identity. This is done to make sure you are over 18, whether you have self-excluded from gambling and to confirm your identity.
For most punters, this will be done automatically through the details you provide when you sign up. They can look at databases that hold a range of information about people and match that information on your account.
However, if they do require more you can use these documents to verify your identity. Simply take a photo and send it to the betting site in question.
- Proof of age/identity with photo (Passport or Driving licence)
- Proof of permanent residence address (Any bills, mobile, internet, bank statements, utility bill)
- Proof of bank card or other payment methods